Protect Your Kids from the Harmful Effects of COVID-19
Let’s get ahead of the pandemic by ensuing every child is protected from the harmful effects of COVID-19.
For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine for kids age 5-11, here’s everything you need to know on safety, efficacy, and distribution.
Golisano Children’s Hospital has a pediatric COVID vaccine site with important need-to-knows. Learn more here.
The Monroe County Department of Health has a full list of vaccine sites. Click here to find a site and schedule an appointment.
All of the sites, including Monroe County, school based health clinics and healthcare systems have been compiled into one location. Make your appointment today.
Vaccine Infographic for kids 5-11
The Finger Lakes COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force is working to ensure equity, transparency and efficiency in COVID-19 immunization efforts. Click the link below for infographic on vaccine information for kids.
COVID Return to School
- If your child tests positive, they must isolate for 5 days. Quarantine requirements differ based on vaccination status. Click here for more info.
- Antigen (or rapid tests) are permitted for all return-to-school purposes. Antigen tests performed at home are not.
- If exposure happens while in school or if the students is unvaccinated or asymptomatic, you can Test to Stay. Those exposed to COVID-19 outside of school are not eligible.
- Children 12 years and older who test positive and play a sport, can resume after 10 days pending a health assessment from their provider. See additional info here.
- Children 12 years and older who are not boosted, and who have been exposed to an individual with COVID-19, cannot participate in extracurricular or after school activities and must quarantine for 5-days at home. See additional info here.